How to Install Node.js® and NPM on Windows
what is Node?
In the first place, Node.js is free.
Node.js files contain tasks that will be executed on certain events.
The platforms where Node js can run.
- Mac OS X among others...
What can I do with Node js?
With Node js you can do anything you feel like;
- Node.js can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- Node.js can collect form data and store it in databases like MYSQL, MONGO DB among others.
- Node.js can generate dynamic page content on your Site/App
- Node.js can add, delete, modify data in your database
What you should know!
Node isn’t a program that you simply launch like Microsoft documents or Adobe programs. To use Node you must type command-line instructions, so you need to be comfortable with a command-line tool like the Windows default Command Prompt(CMD), PowerShell or the Git shell.
Installing Node and NPM are pretty simple using the installer package available from the Node.js® official web site.
- Download the Windows installer from the Nodes.js® official web site and save it in your preferred folder.
- Run the installer (the .msi file you downloaded in the first step).
- Follow the prompts in the installer.
- Accept the license agreement
- click the NEXT button a bunch of times and accept the default installation settings.
- Restart your computer because you won’t be able to use Node.js® until you restart it.
How do you tell that node was installed successfully?
To make sure that you have Node and NPM installed. Simply run some simple commands to see what version of each is installed.
Here is how you check up for the versions;
- Press window button + R at the same time on your computer. A run dialog box will pop up and type: CMD and click OK
- Inside the black shell that will be presented to you, Type:: node -v to check for the NODE installed version.
- Lastly, Type:: npm -v to also check for the NPM installed version.
date_range Published :: 2 years ago At: 01:04 PM
event_note Detailed Date :: May 22nd, 2019
person Writer :: Code
- RECENT POSTS
This simple country dropdown list is freely available for you to copy and use in your project forms.
Download YTS YIFY movies using this simple project I created using their API.
Here is a short project to display the use of APIs. I decided to work with an advice API because it seemed like a fun one that I haven't worked on before.
Have you ever been on youtube and admired a thumbnail of a video?
When I was inspecting some code on Facebook. I came across this interesting feature. A simple styled console warning message from Facebook to its dear users(products).
In this post I provide you with the source code for the youtube tutorial I made on how to create a Stacked image gallery Using HTML and CSS.
YOU MAY LIKE THESE POSTS